logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Arab spring to Arab nightmare
Dingo
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2014 9:16:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Approved

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The usual discussion of the disintegration of the Arab world is around various contending groups but why aren't the underlying factors considered: Overpopulation, drought, water shortages, food shortages, infrastructure breakdown and the corruption that naturally attends such matters? My impression is that rather than being anomalous these kind of breakdowns are moving toward the norm more and more broadly. Consider Mexico down to Central America, as we have seen, and beyond. Even now relatively rich countries like China have become desperate. They are buying up good portions of the third world resources because of food, water and energy shortages. They are creating cities one after another while they are choking on smog. They are emerging as an idiot-savant society. Their energy, riches and growth is killing them and taking down other parts of the world.

And then in America we have one party that worships coal and rejects global warming. Our government is in stasis. Our great historic rival Russia has practically tied its entire economy to fossil fuel. Since the price of fossil fuel has been virtually flat this year so is their growth. Their new brilliant idea was to grab Crimea which got them nothing they didn't effectively have already so now with sanctions that is moving them more into an economic hole and isolation but for the time being it has given Putin a boost in the Russian polls.

And of course the elephant in the room, overpopulation, continues to be ignored guaranteeing a refugee nightmare that all sides can rant and rave about and make political hay while solving nothing.
Val
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 2:00:35 PM(UTC)

BOTH political parties are really sold out to special interests that are counter to the lives and happiness of the American people and the future of the entire biosphere.
Arabs are in trouble because of their stupidly high breeding rate. EVERYTHING ELSE is caused by this!!!
It is all over, like a cancer of Earth with ugly burning spots at night and growing to a monster unconquerable by normal human actions.
Dingo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:23:58 AM(UTC)

Yasmin Brown is a British Muslim commentator who often criticizes some Muslims for their stubborn theocratic submission and fear of western freedom while also pointing out the West's hypocrisy on their short comings. Here she offers her personal thoughts on the recent fanatic Jihadist killings in Paris.

http://www.independent.c...m-as-a-sin-9971118.html

Quote:
Muslims living in the Middle East, Pakistan, Afghanistan, North Africa, Indonesia, Malaysia or Turkey have no freedom to say what they think about the political system or the faith. Turkey imprisons more journalists than any other nation. Iran is the second-worst country for journalists and bloggers. In Pakistan people are tortured for blasphemy – often false charges trumped up to keep people in line.

Last Friday in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Raif Badawi was dragged out of prison in shackles, brought in front of the mosque and flogged 50 times for “insulting Islam”. Imagine the scene: worshippers who had just finished praying to a merciful God then watched the merciless punishment. This will happen every week until he has been lashed a 1,000 times. He will also spend 10 long years in a Saudi prison. His body and mind will thus be shredded. Badawi, an activist, had started a website, the Liberal Saudi Network, and shared some of his perfectly reasonable views. For that he had to be punished so severely that no one would ever try to do the same again.

In Pakistan, Afghanistan, most central Asian states, Egypt, Syria, Algeria, Libya, even “liberated” Iraq, people know they must not say what they think about their rulers or their imams, not even to neighbours or friends. The only choice is to conform and live, keep your boiling thoughts locked in your own head. Imagine the psychological consequences.

When, in 2010, the Arab Spring unexpectedly arrived, Muslims rejoiced, and thought they could at last speak freely and get proper democracies. I was in the Middle East in the most optimistic months. Spring turned to winter and even harsher restrictions were imposed everywhere. Now thousands of Muslims try to flee every day, to get to places where they can earn a living, be safe, most of all be liberated from oppression. Those people on boats who turn up on Europe’s shores want what the brothers Chérif and Saïd Kouachi and Amedy Coulibaly had before they blasted it all away.

What's missing from this and so many similar analyses? How does freedom thrive with large numbers of people desperately struggling over the scraps? Hard times require lots of structure. That's what mindless theology provides. If I were desperate enough I might dream of an Allah mandated Caliphate too, with everyone marching to God's command. And with the area drying up probably enough water would seem like a lot more real goal than the abstractions of freedom.
Val
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:08:50 PM(UTC)

The nightmare is the tenets of islam with overpopulation driven problems of water, food, space, resources, increasing poverty, and the warfare and riots the media loves to air. Here is another nightmare scenario with them;
Terror Attack on Charlie Hebdo Ignites Fear of Global Nuclear Disaster
Harvey Wasserman | January 13, 2015

"The powerful global response to the terror attack on the French magazine Charlie Hebdo must now face a terrifying reality: It’s a horrible thing when an organ of free speech is assaulted and journalists die.

It will be an apocalyptic thing when it happens to an atomic reactor and whole continents are irradiated, with children first to suffer, a death toll in the millions and eco-economic impacts beyond calculation."
http://ecowatch.com/2015...dc9-87c9c3fbc9-85901709

Then the guy goes off on any nuclear power, skipping Gen IV totally. Forgets to mention the continuous attempt of islamics to get nuclear bombs or dirty materials to kill non-islamics. Along with N. Koreans wanting them for conquest, too.
The world in overshoot population, what a riot!
Dingo
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 6:17:55 PM(UTC)

An Islamic country already has nuclear weapons - Pakistan. The main country that has to worry about that isn't Israel or the West, it's India their old enemy.

We think of population overshoot as generating radicalism. I think just as likely it generates cynicism, a general sense of hopelessness. A resident of Cairo, one of the most crowded cities in the world, sums up this sense of futility.

http://www.sandmonkey.or...01/05/cheating-reality/

Quote:
When people ask me why i’ve stopped writing regularly, my response is usually “what is there to write about?”. Their universal response is usually giving me this sympathetic smile and say something akin to “I can’t blame you. It’s becoming too dangerous”, and then they change the subject as if attempting to evade a topic of embarrassment to me. I allow them to do this, to have them assume that my silence is out of cowardice, because it’s the easiest and fastest way to end the conversation. The truth is I wish I had the wisdom to not write due to self-preservation, but this is not the case. I’ve stopped writing simply because writing about Egypt these days is like writing another round-up of this week’s most unfortunate events: It’s boring. It’s like tweeting from the Titanic. How many times can you possibly say “we are sinking. This is not going well. #saveus #thebandiskillingitthough” before it just becomes spam? Somehow talking that you are still alive but not in optimal condition when so many around you are dying just seems like bad form.